Tips for taking the pictures.
1. Identify a number of items
2. Clean them if necessary
3. Prepare a "studio" to take the pictures
4. Bring all portable items to the "studio"
5. Take the pics of bulky items outside or try
at least to minimise background noise.
Taking the photos
1. Ensure that lighting condions are optimal.
2. Never take photos in a dark environment.
3. Take note from which side the light shines
and don't point the lens towards the light.
4. Eliminate a busy background. You can even
use a sheet or blanket to act as a backdrop.
5. Take a "main" picture that gives a bird's eye
view of the item.
6. If necessary, zoom in on details for any
7. Do not hide obvious flaws on items. Rather
expose anything that is defective.
8. Only use a cellphone if it can take good
9. Take up to 5 pictures of an item in total.
10. Sometimes the size of an item is not
well reflected by the picture. Add a match
box or pair of glasses into the picture to
show the relative size.